martedì, maggio 09, 2006

Best Messenger "away message"

Emma si laureerà in Inglese a Vassar fra meno di tre settimane. Di recente ha lasciato questo messaggio di "Away" sul suo messenger.

"tell me again why I have to write this if we're already alums? Can't I use my wonderful Vassar education and question authority by refusing to submit to the conventional and arbitrary modes of acheivement that serve only to promote the privileged and instill only a superficial sense of accomplishment while doing nothing to actually improve the world? What have finals done for art? or society? or world hunger? Nothing! And that, my friends, is why I'm starting a finals-boycott. Let's send the man a message: we're tired, we're overworked and we're not going to take it anymore! 1, 2, 3, 4, I don't need an exam score, 5, 6, 7, 8, I know I'm gonna graduate!"

(via Sara "slide on the ice" Perle, anche lei futura laureata!)

Nessun commento: